Job title: Household Reuse and Recycling centre Operative
Company: Bristol Waste Company
Job description: £19,327 per annum
Hours: 33.78 hours per week
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off
Location: Days Road Depot / Avonmouth (2 roles available)
IS THIS ROLE FOR ME?
As a Household Reuse and Recycling Centre (HRRC) Operative you will be working within a team and report to a Site Supervisor. The post holder will actively participate in all operations involving the receipt and separation of recycling, disposal and reuse of waste. You will be engaging with members of the public and directing the loading and transfer of waste and recyclable materials to final disposal points. Alongside carrying out general site duties such as housekeeping of site grounds, buildings and staff facilities, and when trained to do so, driving wheeled loading shovel and other mobile plant. An important aspect is to carry out inspections and report any defects of mobile plant, vehicles and other equipment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of colleagues and customers and use of appropriate communication skills in responding to operational issues
- Willingness to work flexibly and adapt to changing roles to meet operational requirements
- Proven experience of effective contribution to team working
- Capacity to operate computerised weighbridge (training will be provided)
- Experience or ability to demonstrate suitability for physical work involving the lifting of weights up to 25 kg and manual handling to include pushing/pulling waste bins
- Ability to gain LGV Class II licence and ability to operate a range of mobile plant, equipment and vehicles
Please click on the attached job description to your left to read full job details and requirements for this role!
WHY WORK FOR BRISTOL WASTE COMPANY?
- Free onsite parking (subject to availability)
- 20 days holiday
- Development opportunities
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Free Physio
- BUPA wellbeing cash plan
And many more! Please head over to the ‘packages’ details on your left for more benefits!
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click the green ‘Apply Online’ button below to go through our online application process.
I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about the role, or if you’d like to speak to someone about your application, please contact our recruitment team on , or by phone on 0117 440 6676.
Expected salary: £19327 per year
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 05:00:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!