Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: Are you interested in empowering people to live the lives they choose? We are looking for caring, open-minded people to join our team!
Milestones Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
£9.60 per hour + excellent benefits
Various Hours Available
Shift patterns are 07.00-14.00, 14.00-21.00 and 21.00-07.00 we are looking for people who are flexible to the needs of the service and able to work weekends.
We work in partnership with social services and the housing association to provide an opportunity for people on the autistic spectrum and with mild learning difficulties to have the independence of their own flat, but with the peace of mind of knowing there are staff on shift 24 hours a day to call on for support and signposting with tenancies, social networks, relationships, managing money, looking for employment and much, much more.
THE ROLE: As a Personal Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- enabling the people we support to live the life they choose
- adapting to the needs of the people we support
- responding quickly to the needs of the people we support
- being aware of the rights of the people we support
- knowing/researching where the people we support can get more specific support around employment, mental health and relationships
YOU: The successful Personal assistant will:
- empower the people we support
- listen to the people we support
- adapt to the people we support
- be open minded to the people we support
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Sophie Doyle, on 07551158909 or Abi Yateman on 07834626838
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Filton, Bristol BS34, UK
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 05:22:39 GMT
Apply for the job now