Job title: Communications Officer (Maternity Cover)
Company: Bristol Waste Company
Job description: £29,950 per annum
12 month fixed-term contract
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Location: Based at Albert Road, Bristol, BS2 0XS
IS THIS ROLE FOR ME?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Officer to join our award-winning in-house communications team.
We are a passionate, forward-thinking company with an ambitious vision for Bristol. A key part of this is the clear need to influence behavioural change in the city. We are committed to involving and empowering citizens, community groups and businesses so that, together, we can make Bristol a cleaner and greener place to live and work. We also believe that all our staff should be informed and empowered to share the company vision. Your role will be to utilise our internal and external comms channels to help us achieve this mission.
We are seeking to recruit a team player that shares our vision and values and can play a part in ensuring that we can achieve our strategic objectives, and those of our shareholder, Bristol City Council. The post-holder will be responsible for supporting the company’s communications and marketing activities as part of a dedicated team. The post-holder will have a specific focus on delivering engaging content for our website, managing our internal comms, developing newsletters and copy, and working with the Digital Communications Officer to support our social media channels and media liaison. We are keen that the company engages with, and represents, all the elements of the communities that we serve.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to show judgement in positioning of external messages
- Experience of working in a marketing or communications team
- An ability to work to deadlines and manage time effectively
- ICT skills and familiarity with standard packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of website CMS and content creation, ideally with WordPress experience.
- Experience of using of social media in a corporate context
- An aptitude for collaboration and cross team working, as well as ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in SEO, google ads and Facebook advertising
- Knowledge of comms tools such as WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud
WHY WORK FOR BRISTOL WASTE COMPANY?
- Free onsite parking (subject to availability)
- 25 days holiday
- Development opportunities
- BUPA wellbeing cash plan
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Free Physio on site
- Flexible working
Head over to our main website to view the full job description!
Expected salary: £29950 per year
Job date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 06:39:01 GMT
Apply for the job