Job title: Deputy Head of Teaching & Learning
Job description: Deputy Head of Teaching and Learning
Multi-Sited: Mainly Filton / Bristol Campuses, with some travel to Stroud Campus
Salary Range: £30,933.00 – £33,342.00 per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Full-Time & Permanent Hours: 37 per week
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
They are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
The College have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Head of Teaching and Learning based predominantly at at our Filton campus but with some travel between sites.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Delivering, assessing and leading on Teacher Qualifications including the Award and Diploma in Education and Training
- Contributing to the design and delivery of professional development for teachers and those supporting teaching
- Coaching and mentoring new and experienced teachers
- Quality assuring teaching and assessment through lesson observations, learning walks and departmental reviews
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Internal Quality Assurance Qualifications
- PGCE or Equivalent
- Digitally confident with using Office 365 applications including delivering online training.
- Leadership and Management Qualifications or experience
Why choose the College?
The teaching and learning team work collaboratively with the Faculty heads to support and develop both teachers and support staff, with a focus on Rosenshine’s Principles as a template for learning.The team are committed to developing both classroom and remote teaching provision through innovative training and engagement with colleagues.
You will become part of the wider College family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS/Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 12th September
Expected Interview Date: w/c Monday 20th September
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Expected salary: £33342 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 22:53:04 GMT
Apply for the job now