Job title: Kitchen Assistant
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: Humphry Repton House, Humphrey Repton House, Thornfield Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #290
10 August 2021
22.5 hours per week
Working across 7 days a week (weekend work included)
£9.03 per hour + excellent benefits
Closing Date: 24th August 2021
Humphry Repton House specialises in nursing care provision for people experiencing advanced dementia and those with dementia who are on an end-of-life pathway.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do; we start with the person; we bring people close; we take our creativity to work with us; and we are courageous in our approach. We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant who shares our values and are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the people we support and to their home environment.
Alongside this, some of our other benefits include:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement (22 days’ per annum plus 8 days’ bank holiday)
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation, with access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1
- Generous Occupation Sick pay
- Company Pension
- Competitive salary
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
By being a Kitchen Assistant, you will work under the leadership of the Home Manager to deliver a catering service for the home that is safe, healthy and nutritious, meeting the needs of individual service users and within budget.
Other responsibilities include:
- To prepare and cook a range of quality home- cooked, nutritionally balanced food, including meals and snacks, for all residents, including those with particular dietary requirements.
- To ensure a clean and safe kitchen environment, carrying out daily and weekly cleaning duties and maintaining an appropriate dress code.
- To work with all colleagues in the home to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant who is commitment to delivering a high quality service as well as having:
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene requirements and legislation.
- Effective time management and work prioritisation and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience of menu planning in conjunction with personal preferences, dietary requirements and maintaining healthy eating patterns.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Helen Aitchison, on 07825291052.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Humphry Repton House, Humphrey Repton House, Thornfield Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.03 per hour
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 04:04:31 GMT
Apply for the job