Job title: Project Manager NPD
Company: Michael Page
Job description: Fast growing family business who are investing in their R&D department are looking for a Project Manager to manage their NPD.
The Project Manager NPD is responsible for the planning, control and introduction of new projects from conception through to production. Lead the business in the adoption of best practice, owning the development and implementation of documents and processes and multi-functional project teams . Managing the stage gate process, in conjunction with project sponsors for the evaluation, selection, execution, and monitoring of the product development portfolio.
- Managing the stage gate process, in conjunction with project sponsors for the evaluation, selection, execution, and monitoring of the product development portfolio.
- Providing support and facilitation for end-to-end product introduction process by serving as management of project execution, risk management, prioritisation, schedule and cost control, communication, issue resolution, and contingency planning point of integration to coordinate communications, manage work-flow between teams and provide consistent reporting
- Engaging in all aspects of project management, including project planning, leadership and management of internal and external resources,
- Serving as a point of escalation for team member’s issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve and ensure timely resolution of issues by focusing on root cause analysis and implementing corrective action plans.
- End to end project accountability for multiple NPD Launches in conjunction with all other departments
- Line management of team members, following HR practices and setting objectives/tasks
- Development of Project office, reviewing and implementing new procedures and controls, such as Stage Gate Reviews
- Lead project teams and challenge project leaders on timescales and workload.
- Responsible for establishing processes including protocols for product validation
Successful small business that are looking to grow A company that are investing in R&D and growth
The Project Manager NPD based in Bristol:
- Client focus & good interpersonal communication skills for working with internal and external clients and partners
- Ability to communicate with representatives at any level or position within the company
- Results orientation
- Highly motivated with the ability to focus on details as well as the big picture
- Highly responsible team player, with ability to impact & influence
- Decision making & problem solving; ability for detecting problems and opportunities for improvement and for implementing corrective / preventative actions
- Flexibility and change adaptation
- Strong organisational skills
Long standing and successful business based in Bristol in the South West. This company is one of the market leaders and has seen increased demand in recent years, with impressive sales figures projected, 2021 looks to be another promising year. New senior management team are introducing new manufacturing techniques and a continuous improvement attitude to help the business reach its full potential and set its self as the stand out market leader with a reputation for high quality. Part of this transition is to invest in and improve the NPD and design department. Due to growth and ambition the business is now looking to bring in some new talent to help push the business forward.
Expected salary: £40000 per year
Job date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 02:20:26 GMT
Apply for the job