Job title: Assistant Team Leader
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: Greengates, 697/699 Southmead Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #185
30 July 2021
£22,022 per annum + excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week
Are you a Support Worker looking for the next step in your career? Milestones Trust can offer you this new opportunity!
You will help us support and make a difference to the lives of the 15 people who live in Greengates, a residential nursing service, which is vibrant and dedicated to provide a person-centred care.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do; we start with the person; we bring people close; we take our creativity to work with us; and we are courageous in our approach. We are looking for an Assistant Team Leader who shares our values and are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the people we support.
If you choose to work with us, you’ll have the added benefit of working in a varied and rewarding role, that not only provides you with the satisfaction from helping others, but also gives you the opportunity to thrive in your career.
We are also committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement (up to 26 days’ per annum plus 8 days’ bank holiday)
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation, with access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1
- Generous Occupation Sick pay
- Company Pension
- Competitive salary
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
In your role as an Assistant Team Leader, you will support the Home Manager, Deputy and Team Leaders in ensuring that person centred plans are tailored for the people that we support, alongside bringing out the best in the Support Team by providing supervisions, mentoring and coaching and being a professional role model of best practice. Other responsibilities include:
- To manage shifts in the absence of the Home Manager/Team Leader supervising staff ensuring that they carry out their roles efficiently and to assist and support the process of induction of new team members.
- Overseeing the accurate and person-centred administration of medication by your team.
- To maintain professional relationships with families and others connected with the people that we support.
- To stimulate interaction between the service users by motivating them to take part in their own development by participation in group, occupational, recreational activities and Including community activities where appropriate.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate their experience in the health care sector and will be able to help the day to day smooth operation of the home. Alongside this you will:
- Be caring and empathic
- Have excellent diplomacy and communication skill
- Be imaginative and full of initiative
- Ideally should have previous experience of managing, leading people and teams.
- Will have previous experience in a residential/nursing home or knowledge of social sector.
- Have an NVQ 2 in Health and social care, or ideally NVQ 3
- Have good IT skills and familiar with packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Jacob Nye, on 07500 761 809 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
This is an ongoing advert where shortlisting and interviews may take place on an adhoc basis. This advert will close once we have received sufficient applications.
- Pay Type Salary
Expected salary: £22022 per year
Job date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 05:55:02 GMT
Apply for the job