Job title: Cook *Fixed Term Contract to February 2022
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
This a fixed Term Contract to 1st February 2022
£9.66 per hour + excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week – Sunday-Friday
Based at Tramways, with a basic of £9.66 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be working alongside our established team and deliver a catering service for the home that is safe, healthy and nutritious, meeting the needs of individual service users while remaining within budget.
Tramways is a residential care home in the Brislington area of Bristol which provides a recovery service for fourteen people with complex mental health needs. Service users are involved in making decisions about the day to day running of the home and are involved in choosing menus, cooking and baking.
We are looking for an experienced cook to work alongside our established team and deliver a catering service for the home that is safe, healthy and nutritious, meeting the needs of individual service users while remaining within budget.
- Able to plan and cook a variety of meals to suit a variety of diets
- Good communication skills and ability to get on well with people
- Willingness to work flexibly, including some weekends, to accommodate service user needs
- Creative and willing to learn
- Sound knowledge of nutritional needs
The successful Cook will be calm, well-organised and have a flexible approach which is responsive to service users’ needs. You will be enthusiastic about food and have some experience of catering for special diets.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Graeme Harvey on 0117 300 9637.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Tramways, 1 Tramway Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.66 per hour
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 06:12:34 GMT
Apply for the job