Job title: Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Company: Vet Seekers
Job description: An established small animal practice in Bristol are recruiting an experienced Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This is a full-time position with a weekend rota. The Senior Vet will be working in a leadership role and will work closely with the clinical director.
About the role:
They are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Vet who is keen to move into a senior role and develop their clinical skills and knowledge further. They will work closely with the fellow veterinary surgeons within the practice who are supportive and are always sharing their experiences and skills.
Ideally the Vet will have a minimum of 6 years experience. They must have good all-round surgical skills. Previous leadership experience and coaching experience would be advantageous.
The vet must be compassionate, have excellent communication skills and have a genuine passion for animal welfare and preventative healthcare.
We are looking for ambitious vets who are keen to develop professionally. Our Bristol team is supportive and keen to share their skills and experience. We are looking for someone who has 6 years experience,
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday – Friday 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 discussed at interview
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 3 Vet 3 RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
In a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic you will have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse caseload, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values. This company truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for all their customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as this is a young, growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities emerging.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a minimum of 6 years experience
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including :
Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 50,000 – 60,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 33 days annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 allowance 5 days off
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
6 years’ post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am – 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
Expected salary: £50000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 00:55:20 GMT
Apply for the job