Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: The Chestnuts, 9 Lodge Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #267
30 July 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Support Workers to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
£9.60 per hour + excellent benefits
Full and Part Time Hours Considered
To be a driver and able to drive the service Van is essential to this role.
Shift patterns include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (14:00-21:30), mid shifts (10:00-17:00), worked flexibly to suit the needs of the people we support.
Located just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174), yet only a 5-minute drive away from Yate shopping centre and local amenities, The Chestnuts is located in a semi-rural environment with lovely countryside and the old market town of Chipping Sodbury right on our doorstep.
Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The service has three very distinct living areas to its layout and you will be working in Meadow View, providing support to 4 men who share accommodation.
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, to pubs and local parks, bike riding and even working at a farm!
Service users at The Chestnuts are involved in the running of the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at The Chestnuts pride themselves on providing individual support to service users and strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
We are seeking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys being with people and has a sense of fun.
As Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting people in a person centred way, including those with Autism, who are non-verbal.
- Organising trips out, holidays, picnics and 1:1 activities, based on their needs and interests.
- Help and support with their medication (including booking and ordering – full training will be provided), along with supporting with attending/booking appointments.
- Organising menus, shopping and helping/encouraging to cook meals, ensuring their likes and dislikes are met.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Be a key worker and able to build a bond with the people we support
- Help them engage with their local community and with activities
- Manage tricky situations with calmness and sensitivity
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, the people we support and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature
- To be a driver and able to drive a manual van is essential for this role.
We are looking for someone who is fun, flexible; and eager to help the people we support with their busy lives!
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Rachel Barnes, Service Manager, or Tina Yeend/Ewa Wozniak, Service Co-ordinators, on 01454 227188
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- The Chestnuts, 9 Lodge Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Job date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 23:37:46 GMT
Apply for the job