Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
£9.60 per hour + excellent benefits
30 hours per week – Mixture of shifts to be worked flexibly to meet the needs of the service
*It is an essential requirement of this role to hold a clean, valid UK driving licence and able to drive the service minivan.
Lambrook Road is a small residential service for 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen. The small size of the service will enable you to develop close and supportive relationships with the long standing staff team and the individuals living at Lambrook Road.
The service is currently in the process of deregistering to become a supported living setting, which will enable the individuals to live a more fulfilling life. The deregistration process will give the candidate the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge and become a vital part of the changing service.
Lambrook Road supports individuals with Learning Disabilities who require staff members to be enthusiastic, kind, caring, supportive, flexible to meet their needs, adaptable to change and who like to spend time doing activities (both inside and outside of the service).
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- Moving & Handling and lone working
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature
- Have experience in a similar care role
- Be a driver and hold a full, clean UK driving licence
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Kelly Ramage, Service Coordinator on 0117 965 5912/07825 515247 or Jeanette Gibson, Service Manager on 07827 896249
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Lambrook Road, 63 Lambrook Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 22:01:39 GMT
Apply for the job