Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 35 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Full and Part Time Hours Available.
Mixture of shifts, to include-
Earlies: 7am-2.30pm, Lates: 2pm – 9.30pm and Waking Nights: 9.15pm -7.15am
Waking Nights are typically every other weekend and Mid Shifts vary to suit the needs of the service.
Based at Furber Road, St. George, with a basic of £9.60 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through person centered care in our residential services.
We are a small and friendly residential care home, supporting adults with learning disabilities in the St George area of Bristol.
We provide 24 hour support with all aspects of care; including cooking, cleaning, social activities, emotional and personal care.
Because we are a small home, you will have the opportunity to build positive relationships with the five people you will be supporting and the established team you will work alongside.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills
- Moving & handling and using hoists and standing aids
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have experience within the sector
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is essential that staff are able to drive
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Pippa Walker Service Coordinator on 01179352157.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Furber Road, 120 Furber Road, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 22:17:16 GMT
Apply for the job