Job title: Support Worker
Company: Milestones Trust
Job description: Flaxpits House, Flaxpits House, 74 Flaxpits Lane, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom Req #256
02 August 2021
£9.60 per week + excellent benefits
24 hours per week – consisting of two 12 hour shifts worked flexibly across the week (08.30 – 20.30)
*To be a driver and able to drive a motability vehicle is an essential requirement of this role
Based at Flaxpits House, with a basic of £9.60 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through person-centred care in our residential services.
We are looking for a support worker to join a small team providing full support to a gentleman living in his own flat, attached to the main building.The gentleman is 77, loves singing to music, especially Elvis. He loves to go out to places of interest and to be involved with getting his shopping, going to the bank and stopping at the café for a cup of tea.
He has his own vehicle so applicants must hold a full driving license. The gentleman uses a wheelchair to access his local and wider community and requires full support with all aspects of daily living; including personal care, moving and handling, support with medication, cooking his meals, and cleaning his flat.
The successful candidate will be supporting this gentleman on a 1:1 (lone working) basis but will meet regularly with the rest of his team, via team meetings, and have access to the management team for support and advice.
We are located in the village of Winterbourne, just north of Bristol, with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174).
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature. Experience within the sector is essential due to the nature of the service (lone working) we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
- Be able to drive a motability vehicle.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & private health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Faz Holder, Home Manager, on 01454 776191 for more information.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Flaxpits House, Flaxpits House, 74 Flaxpits Lane, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom
Expected salary: £9.6 per hour
Location: Bristol – Winterbourne, Gloucestershire
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 01:58:19 GMT
Apply for the job