Job title: Assessor for Exam Access
Job description: Academic Assessor for Exam Access Arrangements
Bristol & Filton
We have have an exciting opportunity for an Academic Assessor for Exam Access Arrangements to work in our English & Maths Skills Development Department.
Salary Range: £21,471.05 per annum (actual salary based on working 29.60 hours for 38 weeks per year)
(Based on Full-Time Equivalent of £29,763.00 per annum)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Permanent, Part-Time and Term-Time Only (38 weeks)
Hours: 29.6 hours per week
We have an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete standardised assessments to determine possible exam arrangements for a wide and diverse range of FE learners
- Multi site working, liaising with tutors and curriculum staff
- Compiling and collating all the necessary reports and documentation and distributing these within statutory timeframes
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Level 7 or equivalent qualification in specialist assessing in Exam Access Arrangements
- Understanding of SEN and specific learning difficulties, with knowledge of effective methods of teaching, assessment and reasonable adjustments
- Experience of using computerised systems including databases
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and Access and Teams)
Why choose our College?
You will become part of the wider College family supporting you with your professional development, access to the Teachers Pension, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources. If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply – we shall then send you our application link.
Closing Date: Sunday 08th August 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Expected salary: £21471.05 per year
Job date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:32:47 GMT
Apply for the job