Job title: HGV Class 1 Driver Trainer / Assessor Chippenham
Company: XPO Logistics
Job description: Logistics did differently.
We’re looking for a full-time, permanent Driver Trainer to join us in Chippenham working on one of our dedicated contracts. As well as carrying out the day-to-day duties of a Driver Trainer, you’ll play a vital part in ongoing driver development and training, new driver assessments, and aiding the team in getting deliveries made when needed.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer an annual salary of £35,000. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays). You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks including ongoing training and development.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assess new and current drivers, advising on techniques to improve fuel efficiency and overall safety
- Assist in the creation and implementation of an on-site safe driving plan
- Ensure all drivers are trained in line with policy, working alongside the Transport Manager to arrange and facilitate CPC training
- At busy times you will be required to make deliveries to client sites
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- A clean UK driving licence (with category C+E entitlement), valid driver CPC and digital tachograph card
- Previous experience as a driver trainer/assessor
- Must be fully aware of all current tachograph rules and regulations including WTD
- Confidence in the use of IT, especially Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO’s candidate privacy statement
Expected salary: £35000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 06:12:55 GMT
Apply for the job now