Job title: Infection Prevention Control Lead Nurse
Company: Spire Healthcare
Job description: Job Description:
Infection Prevention and Control Lead Nurse | IPC | Band 8a/b salary dependant on experience | Bristol | Full Time
Spire Bristol Hospital have an exciting new opportunity for an Infection Prevention and Control Lead Nurse to join our well established hospital on a full time basis 37.5 hours per week.
With 76 beds and 5 operating theatres and the only private hospital in the South West with an Intensive Care Unit, Spire Bristol Hospital has been providing excellent care, expertise and knowledge in a supportive and progressive environment for over 32 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To assume a senior position in the development of up to date infection prevention and control policies, overseeing their implementation into practice.
- Ensure and supervise the maintenance of a high quality service and a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors.
- To set up and establish education and training initiatives to ensure that all hospital personnel have access to appropriate training in infection prevention and control practice.
- To be aware of current trends and research findings relating to infection prevention and control in clinical practice and support services and to ensure that relevant developments are communicated to the appropriate staff.
Who we’re looking for:
- NMC Registered Nurse, no restrictions with IPC experience/ qualifications
- Leading teams previously
- HR knowledge for managing and leading Quality Improvement
- Excellent understanding of Infection Prevention and Clinical Governance
- Strive for excellence and attention to detail
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatients, day cases and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on 07850725333 or email
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers – Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. We’re committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and you’ll receive a warm welcome.
Who are we? – A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development.
About the Team: Spire Bristol Hospital is the largest private hospital in the South West, offering fast access to a broad range of treatments and services including complex surgery and a Children and Young People’s Service. Our high-quality accommodation and aftercare means we’re committed to looking after you and your health.
Job date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 03:28:54 GMT
Apply for the job