Job title: Bank Children’s Specialist Nurse
Company: Spire Healthcare
Job description: Job Description:
Bank Paediatric Nurse | Surgical and Outpatients | Spire Bristol | Various Flexible Shifts/Days Available
Spire Bristol Hospital are looking for outstanding Paediatric Nurses to join our Staffing Bank!
At Spire Bristol Hospital, we provide comprehensive diagnostic services and treatments in a comfortable and relaxed private hospital environment. You can get fast access to consultants who are experts in their field and can provide you with personalised treatments, all in a safe environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support in assessing the child’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet the child’s health and wellbeing needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Promote and be advocate for the children and young people’s equality, diversity and rights.
- Actively promote Family Centered Care.
- Ensure that all child and Young People’s safeguarding needs are assessed and acted upon as per local LSCB policies.
Who we’re looking for
- You will be a Children’s Registered Nurse with a minimum of 18 months experience post-reg.
- Be used to working in teams with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in a surgical environment is highly desired.
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration.
- A surgical background is desirable but we are happy to consider Nurses with an interest in developing their experience in this field.
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Access to Spire Healthcare pension
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire’s specialist Resourcing Team
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers – Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. We’re committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and you’ll receive a warm welcome.
Who are we? – A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development.
About the Team: Spire Bristol Hospital is the largest private hospital in the South West, offering fast access to a broad range of treatments and services including complex surgery and a Children and Young People’s Service. Our high-quality accommodation and aftercare means we’re committed to looking after you and your health.
Job date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 03:25:12 GMT
Apply for the job