Job title: Consultant Radiographer – Band 8a
Company: Sanctuary Personnel
Job description: Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Band 8a Consultant Radiographer to work based in Bristol.
The pay rate for this locum Consultant Radiographer job is £33.69 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a minimum 3-month contract.
- Provide specialist knowledge and advice to Senior Medical Staff, Patients, Carers and other members of the Breast Team as well as other Imaging Staff.
- Manage a complex clinical case load effectively within the field of Breast Imaging.
- Provide high-quality care for patient and client needs at all times.
- Be up to date with current breast issues in all aspects of screening and breast care, and have a reasonable knowledge of other issues related to women’s health.
- Perform X-Ray and Ultrasound-Guided Core Biopsies, Vacuum Assisted Core Biopsies, Wire Localisations, Cyst Aspirations, FNA and Axillary Node Biopsies without supervision according to National Occupational Standards using all types of available Ultrasound and X-ray equipment in the Breast Care Department.
- Provide and facilitate an expert level of care to patients presenting with, or at risk from, breast disease, including the assessment and diagnosis of patients and to advise on the role and appropriateness of further complex imaging such as MRI in the evaluation and workup of breast problems.
- Undertake assessment of women recalled from the NHSBSP according to all guidance and quality standards. This will involve concurrent use of all mammographic interpretation, ultrasound investigation and invasive biopsy skills in conjunction with excellent abilities in patient communication and support.
- Carry out highly skilled unsupervised percutaneous interventional procedures, involving scanning and simultaneously performing breast biopsy. A great deal of manual dexterity is required and excellent hand/eye coordination in order to obtain representative samples and avoid any sampling error and damage to adjacent structures, as a lesion may only be several millimetres in size.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties appropriate to the post.
Requirements of the Consultant Radiographer:
- DCR or BSc(Hons) Radiography or equivalent Advanced Practitioner experience.
- Certificate of Competence in Mammography or Post Graduate Award in Mammography.
- Film Interpretation course at Masters level.
- HPC Registered/
- Experience in Management.
- To be able to interpret Breast Tomosynthesis.
- Post Graduate course in Breast Ultrasound at Masters level.
- Post Graduate Course in image guided intervention at Masters level.
- Advanced Communications Skills Course or Breaking Bad News Course and be able to discuss diagnoses with patients and give bad news.
- MSc in Advanced Mammography practice or equivalent or working towards.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive radiography knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus – get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus – Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Band 8a Consultant Radiographer job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients’ requirements.
Expected salary: £33.69 per hour
Job date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 01:10:19 GMT
Apply for the job