Job title: Product QA Engineer (Automation)
Company: Investis Digital
Job description: Product QA Engineer (Automation)
Who are we?
Investis Digital is an award-winning digital communications company. We combine effective storytelling and engaging digital experiences to help our clients clearly and authentically communicate with any audience. We’re collaborative to our core and passionate about doing good work-together. We’re also looking for creative, motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Our client roster includes more than 1,600 companies across the globe including Ascential, ASOS, Rolls-Royce, Whitbread, Paddy Power Betfair and Dixons Carphone. When you join the team, you’ll play an important role in growing and shaping our unique Connected Content™ approach along with our Connect.ID products and technology.
If you want to redefine the digital communications space and have a good time doing so, come join us in Bristol, the tech hub of the UK. Our Bristol office specializes in website design-and-build projects, UX, strategy, and website support and maintenance. We value unique perspectives and prioritize the continued learning and development of our people.
The Investis Digital values unite more than 500 global employees across 10 global offices. Our values influence how we work with each other and our clients; they give purpose to the work we do and foster a culture we’re proud to be a part of. Learn what each of these values mean to us below.
- Embrace clarity: We know what we’re doing and why we’re doing it.
- Bring passion: We love what we do and share this enthusiasm with everyone we work with.
- Inspire greatness: We strive for excellence and help others be their best.
- Keep innovating: We’re curious and always improve what we do.
- Measure success: We’re rewarded for the work we do.
The role will work within the product development of Virtual Events product and will be responsible for verifying the development of features for the Virtual Event product. The person will ensure every feature is delivered as per the highest standard. The person will also that each feature meets the functional, UX, security and performance criteria of Investis Digital. The role will be part of a global team including in our India development office.
To succeed in the role, you need to have a strong drive to solve technical problems and be a self-starter, comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment. You also need to have significant experience working with web technologies and QA automations tools to build and run test cases against the product features. You also be comfortable of testing product using manual methods if required. Finally, you need to be passionate about building products which are user friendly and scale as per the need. This is a hands-on role and you should enjoy creating new things.
- Write Test cases and scripts to verify the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Deliver the roadmap features with highest quality.
- Verify features within the product using automated and manual test execution.
- Verify the integrity and functionality of API’s offered within the platform.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure the UX of the product is pleasing to use.
- Reviewing and providing feedback of peer-Test cases, scripts.
- Responsibility of documenting processes and best practices.
- Participate in agile development process.
- Ensure the proper release and packaging of the product
- Experience with Selenium UI testing frameworks
- Knowledge of working with web services and API testing
- Familiarity with Java programming languages
- A strong level of experience with the End to End Automation implementation for a project.
- A high level of experience of web performance and security testing.
- An awareness and experience within load testing tools such as JMeter is desirable
- Experience in automating test scenarios and integrating them into the CI/CD environment
- A good Knowledge on Python scripting will be added advantage
- Previous experience and exposure as a Manual Tester in Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban/ SAFe)
- Knowledge and experience of testingAPI based solutions.
- Experience of web standards including accessibility like WCAG 2.1.
- Awareness of QMS and its related processes.
- An understanding of atomic design and responsive web approaches
- Experience gathering product requirements, assisting in defining scope, writing functional specifications and estimates resourcing.
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming-enough to write and review code, documentation, and standards.
- Competent in Agile (Scrum) development model.
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to make sure all requirements are met
The skills below are also desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of working with user’s authentication, authorisation, and registration processes.
- Familiarity of using docker and understanding of devops processes.
- Understanding of application analytics and logging frameworks.
- Past exposure to any open source or commercial CMS like Drupal or Sitecore etc.
- Experience in developing and rolling out product features.
- Experience of working with front-end web tools and presentation frameworks
We’re a welcoming bunch where ideas are valued. Everyone is actively encouraged to develop their careers. We are committed to helping you grow, professionally and personally.
Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday a year, with ability to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday each year
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Regular social activities and contributions to cultural and sporting events
Remote and Flexible Working
We recognize this may feel like a strange time to apply for a new role and join a new company. The health, safety and comfort of our people is our number one priority, and we’re doing everything we can to meet the needs of our employees-from maintaining frequent communication while working from home to ensuring our in-office coffee machines are completely hands-free.
As a team, we communicate regularly through Teams calls and chats to keep camaraderie and spirits high. We also have weekly stand ups, monthly town halls and regular social events (online or in person with safety measures in place, depending on the current government guidelines).
Whilst our head office is in London, the majority of our developer roles are based in Bristol. We have a flexible attitude to remote working and expect the successful candidate for this role to spend 1 or 2 days in the office and the rest of the week working from home. We are happy to discuss this and any other questions around remote working during the interview stage, so please feel free to ask any questions.
How to apply
Please click to apply and include your CV with a cover letter and your salary expectations.
We will do our best to respond to all applications individually but due to the number of applications we receive if you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your interest in working for Investis Digital.
Strictly no recruitment agencies please
Job date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 03:36:35 GMT
Apply for the job