Job title: In Store Service Advisor
Company: Dixons Carphone
Job description: DESCRIPTION
In-Store Service Advisor
Currys PC World, Chippenham, Bath Road (L01607)
8-15 hours per week, with flexibility to work additional hours
Up to £9.14 per hour
There’s no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We’re a team of 32,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You’ll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
As an In-Store Service Advisor in Currys PC World, you’ll be on hand to help our customers out when their tech plays up. Efficiency is at the core of doing the job well. Not everyone knows what to do when their equipment stops working, but you’ll take away that complication by being the go-to expert. You’ll be booking in repairs and returning goods to customers when they’re back up and running.
As part of this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Translating complex technical knowledge into digestible information for customers
- Solving tricky technical issues quickly and efficiently
- Constantly pursuing ways to grow your technology understanding to best serve our customers
- Educating our customers on additional services which may benefit them
Making us customers’ first choice when they come into any tech difficulty is the goal here. You don’t need to be a technical whizz in this role though, although having an interest is non-negotiable. You’ll be a key part of getting our customers’ kit back up and running after all.
You will need:
- To find joy in helping customers and solving problems
- The enthusiasm to keep on learning
- Some technical knowledge and the ability to translate complex information into straightforward language
- To know how to tackle sales targets
We’re proud to pay our In-Store Service Advisors above the national living wage. Our basic hourly rate is £8.40 for under 21-year olds and £8.95 for over 21-year olds, with a competitive average bonus of 19p per hour. Some of our stores offer an additional location allowance on top of this too.
Another way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
- Performance related bonus
- A healthy pension scheme and holiday allowance
- Discounts across big brands in retail, travel and cinema
- Colleague discounts across our range of brands; Currys PC World, Carphone Warehouse and Dixons Travel
Beyond that, we’ll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you’ll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We’re building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic began we’ve all had to adapt to a new way of working. Although life in our business is a little different since coronavirus struck, the wellbeing of our team – and potential new colleagues – is our priority, now and in the future. Visit our COVID-19 page to discover how we’re keeping everyone safe, in stores, on site, at home and throughout the recruitment process.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 04:49:25 GMT
Apply for the job now