Job title: Biology Lecturer
Job description: Biology Lecturer (Parental Leave Cover)
Post Number: REQ000311
Salary Range: Up to £30,624 pro rata per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Part-Time & Fixed-Term Parental Leave Cover
Hours: 20.4 hours per week
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
The College’s Sixth Form have an exciting opportunity for an A-Level Biology Lecturer at our Filton campus, covering Parental Leave until the end of the academic year.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To undertake all forms of pedagogic work which may include classroom teaching, tutorial work and associated outreach duties, residential, open and distance learning courses and student placements
- To ensure the associated organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking is undertaken
- To provide the appropriate student welfare and academic/non academic counselling responsibilities
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field or have substantial relevant subject experience
- Holds, or willing to work towards Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent track record in teaching, demonstrating commitment to achieving the best for each student to maintain the high standards within the department
Why choose the College?
You will become part of the wider College family supporting you with your professional development, access to the Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: 1st September 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Expected salary: £30624 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:03:48 GMT
Apply for the job now