Job title: Lecturer – Adult Life, Leisure & Wellbeing – ESOL
Job description: Lecturer – Adult Life, Leisure & Wellbeing – ESOL
We have an exciting opportunity for an ESOL Lecturer at our Filton campus and in Community venues.
Salary: £23,922.00 to £30,933.00, pro rata per annum
Contract: Variable Hours, Fixed-Term until 31 July 2022
Hours: Up to 6 hours per week available
We have an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
Our Adult Life, Leisure and Wellbeing Department have an exciting opportunity for an ESOL tutor. Working at our Filton campus and also offsite in the local community, the tutor will be an experienced individual, suitably qualified with a proven track record of delivering ESOL and it is essential that they have experience administering the exam process. The candidate must have a full clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will teach within our ESOL provision and teach across all levels of the qualification. This provision includes daytime and some evenings, from Entry Level to Level 2. This role would suit someone with an understanding of adult learners and the ability to deliver innovative learning opportunities to meet their needs.
We welcome applications from experienced and newly qualified tutors, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm and have a desire to work with adult learners. FE or community teaching experience and a formal teaching qualification is essential.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To undertake all forms of pedagogic work which may include classroom teaching, tutorial work and associated outreach duties, open and distance learning courses and student placements.
- To ensure the associated organisational and required administrative work, preparation and marking is undertaken.
- To ensure the administration and management of subjects/units/modules of education and training, or of significant facets or subdivision of these, is carried out including updated |Schemes of work/Lesson Plans and Risk assessments.
- To participate in internal verification and moderation procedures and to support the College quality assurance and control procedures.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and have substantial relevant subject experience
- Have experience in delivering qualifications and administering the exam process
- Have experience of working in a pressured environment to tight timescales and deadlines
- The successful candidate will be a self starter, organised, and have an excellent level of administrative and communication skills
Why choose our College?
You will become part of the wider College Group family supporting you with your professional development, access to the Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 16th September 2021
Expected Interview Date: T
Expected salary: £30933 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 22:43:41 GMT
Apply for the job now