Job title: Naval Architect – Submarines (Through Life Maintenance Planning)
Job description: Naval Architect – Submarines (Through Life Maintenance Planning)
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Salary: £37,165 – £41,710
About the role
As Naval Architect for the Through Life Boat Plan (TLBP) Team you will be a part of the Submarine Programme Team within Babcock Bristol, who provides in-service support to the Royal Navy’s fleet of Submarines.
You will seek to provide a holistic view and approach to management of maintenance requirements through life. You will be trusted to provide reactive support to the customer for emergent engineering and programme challenges. Through developing your understanding of submarine material state and through life maintenance, you will work within a skilled team to align maintenance activities and optimise submarine availability.
You will also have the freedom and ability to drive improvements in how we manage one of the most complex assets in operation today.
What do I need to do the role?
- Understanding of Submarine structures and associated maintenance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with the MOD and waterfront teams to discuss maintenance requirements.
- Have a proactive approach to work as you will be working with the MOD to make recommendations and improvements.
- Ideally Incorporated, Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- A good knowledge of Excel to analyse in-service data and report maintenance options.
- Be able to demonstrate suitable experience in Naval Architecture.
What else do I need to know?
- This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to use their technical knowledge and experience to improve submarine availability and identify initiatives.
- Working within a skilled team will broaden knowledge of whole boat engineering requirements.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working and working from home. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
- This role will be based in Filton, Bristol but you may need to do some occasional travel to Clyde as and when required.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 27/09/2021
Expected salary: £37165 – 41710 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:35:15 GMT
Apply for the job now