Job title: 2nd Line Technical Support
Job description: Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
Our team in Chippenham are seeking experienced Network Technical Support professionals to join them.
You will be responsible for the management of the on-going secure configuration within the environment and co-ordinating all tasks within the reference model. You are to control all direct physical access to the Reference Model and you will ensure that any work carried out is authorised according to the change Process. You will be responsible for reporting all security incidents to the BT IUS Security in line with the IUS Incident Management processes and will manage all changes in line with ITIL4 which will benefit any changes that subsequently go into the live environment.
We’re seeking colleagues who are Customer Champions, commercial thinkers and real team players to join us and make a difference to our services. You’ll also make a difference by sharing your expertise and coaching colleagues to work towards resolutions.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
Maintaining the REF Model; You will be responsible for all aspects within this environment.
– Access Control – working with security to ensure cleared personnel only access this area.
– Managing equipment in and out of the reference area.
– You will be responsible for the day to day secure configuration of all managed Operating Systems and services.
Configuration Control; You’ll be responsible for ensuring all hardware, Operating Systems and application software configurations are maintained in accordance with the technical design for the Service and the manufactures instructions so as to minimise potential vulnerabilities
Technical Support; monitoring and maintaining this Reference Model, be responsible for and be able to offer technical support to your administrators and designers alike:
– Monitoring and maintaining networks
– Coaching staff through a series of actions to help set up systems or resolve issues.
– Troubleshooting systems and network problems
You’ll have the following skills & experience
– Technical Knowledge – A high knowledge of a Windows environment and its applications. A good knowledge of Solarwinds, Cisco ISE and all CUCM components, alongside a great understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices.
– Analytic and System Vulnerability skills – Ensuring the network infrastructure is Secure, stable and uninterrupted for business.
– Productive management of time – be able to analyse system logs, adapt to new technologies, perform routine audits.
– Greater Knowledge – Be able to understand how different networks fit together and how they affect each other.
– Communication Skills – Needs to have strong interpersonal and communication skills with all elements of the business.
– Excellent Customer assisting skills
– You’ll be a supportive Team Player
– Clearance – For this role you will require SC clearance moving to Developed Vetting clearance
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
– Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
– World-class training and development opportunities
– 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
– Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
– Share option and pension scheme programmes
– Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note that this role is a full time, office based position in our Chippenham office, and due to the nature of the work, cannot be complete remotely.
The successful applicant will be required to have Security Clearance to DV level, a prerequisite of which is to have lived in the UK for at least the last 10 years.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 06:12:33 GMT
Apply for the job now