Job title: Animal Care
Job description: Animal Care Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for an Animal Care Technician at our Filton campus.
Salary: £3,115.04 to £3,232.74 per annum
Permanent, Part-Time & Term-Time Only
Hours: 7.4 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Sunday work, occasionally Saturday)
What we can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider College family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- Two two-week College closure over the Christmas period
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
We have an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To carry out required duties to maintain the health and wellbeing of the animals in the college/s collection
- To carry out daily health checks of all animal stock
- Maintain all areas of the animal housing and activities within it in line with current Health and Safety Legislation and Animal Welfare Act 2006
- Maintain the security and welfare of the animals, the animal housing and all related areas at all times
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Animal Care/Science qualification and experience in the sector
- Knowledge of animal nutrition, health and safety requirements and animal welfare legislation
- Basic Health and Safety Qualifications
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th November 2021
Expected Interview Date: w/c 15th November 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 22:20:40 GMT
Apply for the job now