Job title: Area Sales Executive
Company: RSD Recruitment
Job description: Our Client based in the Avonmouth area are currently recruiting for an experience Area Sales Executive ideally from a capital sales background.
- The job holder reports to the Sales Manager and works closely with other Area Sales Executives, in the designated region, with the objective of maintaining a high level of fork lift truck utilisation in the area
- Regular contact with the Sales Manager and Area Sales Executives to ensure that sales efforts are directed in accordance with Company sales plans
- Act on his/her own initiative in researching information on potential customers.
- This is achieved through sightings, trade publications, historical data, past contracts, industry knowledge, newspapers, business/telephone directories, monitoring existing customers usage and own contacts
Other responsibilities include:
- To make appointments to visit key potential renters, keeping accurate sales records of follow up visits and current business situation
- Credit check and cold call on companies who run their own equipment but who have never rented
- Follow up enquiries for new rental business
- To constantly be aware of opportunities to sell second-hand equipment and negotiate prices accordingly
- Visit service agents and encourage more rentals from them. Liaise on possible joint enquiries
- Keep in close contact with branch activities regarding new business or customer complaints, providing assistance where necessary
Experience required for this post:
- Effective communications skills
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Materials Handling industry (i.e. fork lift trucks)
- This position is subject to the candidate holding a full, valid UK driving licence
- Knowledge of leasing and hire terms would be advantageous
- A high level of personal presentation & professionalism
- Experience of using CRM systems would be advantageous
- Proven sales background and an experienced negotiator with good face to face selling with an ability to ‘close the sale’
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- uncapped OTE
- Company Car
- Fuel Card
- Money towards private mileage
- 23 Days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays and your birthday off every year, plus 1 extra day every 2 years and the opportunity to buy holiday back.
Working Monday – Friday, 8am until 6pm.
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply now!
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook
Expected salary: £50000 – 55000 per year
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 22:57:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!