Job title: Assistant Financial Accountant
Company: Page Personnel
Job description: The Assistant Financial Accountant will report to the Group Financial Reporting Manager (“GFRM”). The role is responsible for key areas of monthly reporting, balance sheet control and general finance processes. The role will also support other areas of Group Finance as required. This person will be based in the companies Chippenham office.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Accountant role include but are not limited to:
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation and control for Group entities.
- Ensuring completion to required deadlines and to a high-quality standard
- Temporary Staff Accruals
- Credit Card accruals
- Sales Accruals
- Marketing accruals
- Bank reconciliations and resolution of differences
- Debtor and creditor account reconciliation
- Other accounts as required
- Overall, first sign off, analytical review and commentary for Group entity monthly balance sheets. – Reconciliation of financial accounting to management accounting systems, including identification and correction of differences.
- Provide FPA function with first draft of general and administrative reporting, highlighting key variances and the and impact of monthly accruals
- Other responsibilities – Update and maintenance of key financial schedules, for example Training, Regulatory, Employee Benefits, Quality and Technical projects. This liaising closely with the relevant business functions and owners.
- Manage credit card expense reporting and review. This to ensure compliance with expense policy and to provide internal reporting on expenses incurred.
- Regular review of internal cost allocation to ensure these are correctly assigned between business functions.
- Statutory Reporting – Assist in the preparation of IFRS Annual and Interim reporting, including maintaining records to audit standard
- Support the GFRM and wider finance team throughout the annual audit process
- Provide on-going support for Accounts Payable, Treasury and Accounts Receivable functions as required.
- Assist the GFRM and other senior finance members with integration of completed and future acquisitions into finance systems and processes
- Ad hoc projects as business need requires
Competitive SalaryExcellent Opportunity to work with GFRM of large company
The successful candidate to the Assistant Financial Accountant should be:
- AAT Qualified.
- Proven post AAT qualification background in a corporate international organisation working with multiple cultures.
- Background in delivering month end reporting within a strict timetable.
- Understanding of financial control best practice and preparation of schedules to audit standard.
- Technical understanding of interaction between balance sheet, profit & loss, and cashflow.
- Highly numerate with demonstratable excel skills, including Vlookup, pivot tables, data manipulation and presentation.
Ideally this person would:
- Take responsibility for their own work and meeting challenging deadlines
- Be self-motivated and driven to deliver continuous improvements and presents solutions rather than raises issues
- Have an understanding of commercial impact of accounting processes, and ability to business partner effectively to explain these
- Be confident in building and maintaining relationships with key members of the non-finance team.
- Have the ability to prioritise effectively and manage time to deal with operational duties and ad hoc projects.
- Have a working knowledge of using Microsoft Dynamics 365, Sage or Syspro ERP systems.
Our client is an international pharmaceuticals company. They have developed a diverse range of pharmaceutical and consumer health products and well-targeted acquisitions and licensing deals. With the team based in UK, Europe, USA, China and Singapore and distributing products globally this would be a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, dynamic company.
On offer for the successful candidate to the role of Assistant Financial Accountant is an exciting opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits.
Expected salary: £25000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 00:49:04 GMT
Apply for the job now