Job title: Assistant Project Manager
Company: Advantage Resourcing
Job description: Description Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Pay rate: £33.06 via PAYE or £42.49 via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton (Bristol)
Contract Duration: Initially 6-month contract
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a large engineering company who operate within the defence sector and are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to work on site in Filton.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the Project Manager in their day-to-day management of the project taking a lead in project management principles and processes, which will include planning, project reporting, performance data analysis for cost and schedule.
- Support the production of reports on a monthly basis for input into project reporting packs.
- Schedule and cost monthly updates including analysis and forecasts.
- Update resource planning tool and schedule requirements
- Conduct process confirmations where appropriate.
- Support the project lead with effective communication across the project.
- Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project delivery.
- Identify more efficient and effective ways of working across the projects.
- Identify best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Provide general programme management assistance and support to the Control Account Managers (CAM) and other discipline line managers.
- Prepare project management information in support of the Project / Engineering Manager as required.
- Support monthly reporting requirements in accordance with the project reporting lifecycle.
- Lead the schedule management including monthly updates.
- Lead BCR process for changes to schedule and cost.
- Assist in the development and management of the support schedule, cost, risk and opportunity baseline.
- Support all reviews and audits including phase reviews and design reviews.
Key Technical Skills:
- A good knowledge of project management techniques including; resource planning and management, cost capture, analysis and forecasting, schedule planning and tracking, Earned Value Management(EVM), risk and opportunity management and change management.
- Able to pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 05:06:11 GMT
Apply for the job now