Job title: Breakfast Chef – Luxury Hotel – Chippenham
Company: Blue Arrow
Job description: Position: Breakfast Chef
Sector: Luxury Hotel
Salary: £23,000 + Service Charge (£3,000-£4,000 P/A)
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week
My client is on the lookout for an enthusiastic Breakfast chef who share the Hotel passion for all thing’s hospitality. As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
The Breakfast Chef will be responsible for;
- Preparing all breakfast food items, hot and cold ready for daily service
- Assist the kitchen brigade with basic mise en place and preparation for lunch items
- Ordering all required breakfast food items using the kitchen ordering system
- Ensure that the highest standards of food hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- Ensure that equipment and utensils are kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Assisting the Demi and Chef de Partie in the smooth, safe, and efficient running of the kitchen operations, through food services and functions throughout the day.
- Having an understanding of specified food margins, and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Demi / Chef de Partie.
- Follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- Ensuring the quality of the food is of the exceptional standard expected, when dining at our Hotel.
The Ideal Candidate
- Current experience of working as a Breakfast Chef within a 4* to 5*quality hotel would be ideal.
- You should be able to work in a flexible and motivated manner.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative is essential for this role.
- You must have a positive, can do attitude and must be reliable.
- We are looking for someone with great communication skills and the ability to build strong and effective working relationships, creating a rapport with guests and colleagues.
- You must be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to learn with a professional, prompt and caring attitude.
- The ideal candidate also enjoys working within a fast-paced environment and is competent in multi-tasking and responding to business needs.
- Completive Salary
- Staff Uniform
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (inc BH’s)
- Pension Scheme
- Free hot drinks and fruit in the rest room
- As day off if your birthday falls on a working day
- 25% staff discount in the restaurant
- Long service awards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Rob Jones at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 02039 603 650 // or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:06:44 GMT
Apply for the job now