Job title: Business Intelligence Engineer
Job description: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Submarine Support Engineering
About the role
At Babcock we’re looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Analyst to work across the submarine enterprise in building solutions that deliver insight and contribute to better operational decisions. Based in Bristol and reporting to the Data Visualisation Lead Engineer, the role will cover all aspects of dashboard and interactive report production, including shaping the strategy that helps to make visualisation products central to improved Marine sector performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Translating business requirements into engaging visualisations which drive decision-making and to support dashboard and report development across the Marine sector
- There is a need to develop a framework which focuses on delivery of consistently high quality outputs, and for sharing knowledge of data visualisation best practice with other engineers and developers
- You will also work closely with the Data Analytics team to ensure data inputs are fully understood, as well as be responsible for the line management of junior analysts
- There will also be an element of exploring new technology with the aim of continually improving how data is presented to the business
What do I need to do the role?
- You must have a passion for or seeking a role as a BI Analyst/BI Engineer with a degree or equivalent in a numerate subject
- A proficient user of Power BI or other visualisation tool
- A deep understanding of how to communicate visually with data
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with people from across the business
- Desirable – experience in SQL, Python, R or similar coding language, knowledge of database design and understanding of ETL processes
What else do I need to know?
- The post will be based in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involves working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. You must hold current, active security clearance or be willing to undergo the necessary process to obtain security clearance
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 28/09/2021
Expected salary: £32020 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 22:05:56 GMT
Apply for the job now