Job title: Business Support Officer
Company: South Gloucestershire Council
Job description: How you’ll make a difference
As a Business Support Officer, you will be providing important administrative support to the Children, Adults and Health Department. Working within the Business Support Team you will be required to provide detailed and accurate admin support to ensure that records and reports are up to date, helping the wider department to provide support to those in the community who may need it.
This post is located at Patchway Locality Hub and the working days are Thursday and Friday.
What will you be doing?
- You will act as a main point of contact for the service area and provide effective communication when dealing with enquiries and information requests whilst providing administrative support to managers ensuring work carried out is efficient and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Daily you will interact with customers, colleagues and partners to maintain strong working relationships.
- You will have responsibility of collating, maintaining records and analysing information to ensure accurate statements are produced and data is retrieved from computerised systems and interpreted.
- You will research information within your area of service specialism and collate evidence for presentation in reports. This may include drafting sections of documents for use by others.
- You will communicate specific concerns, queries and issues and ensure they are accurately and promptly relayed when necessary.
- You will also be required to accurately record and assist in the monitoring and maintaining of budgets/financial information/resources.
What we need from you
- You will hold a minimum qualification of 3 grade C’s at GCSE (or equivalent qualification) including English and Maths or you will hold equivalent relevant experience within a similar role in administration.
- Have a typing speed of 50wpm, Knowledge of formatting and editing of word documents and typing reports.
- Experience of dealing with challenging calls from and to young people regarding life skills and life experiences
- Ability to communicate effectively to service users, professionals and partnership agencies using a variety of media i.e. email, phone, face to face etc.
- IT knowledge and its practical application, including experience of using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and maintaining computerised record systems. Have experience in using databases, including running standard reports, analysing data and presenting findings.
- Have experience of basic financial procedures i.e. petty cash, invoicing etc.
- You will also attend meetings and take accurate and precise minutes and disseminate accordingly.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance.
We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We’re working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We’re investing in our schools to ensure every child and young person in South Gloucestershire achieves their full potential.
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
For more information please contact Sam Lewis, Business Support Team Leader (North) on 01454 862434 or email [email protected]
Location: Patchway, Gloucestershire
Job date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 04:48:48 GMT
Apply for the job