Job title: Capture and Business Development Manager
Job description: Capture and Business Development Manager
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit a Capture and Business Development Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing, energetic team within an organisation that spans four sectors and has global presence.
Babcock is an international aerospace, defence and security company. We have a world-leading aerospace and defence company, and provide critical services across the UK, France, Canada, Australia and South Africa. Our purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together.
The purpose of your role is to help deliver on our growth ambitions in the UK Military Aviation market. To generate and develop the effective engagement campaigns and concrete opportunities that will create sustainable growth for Babcock.
This team is leading on all growth opportunities with our primary customers and interfaces with our cross-group multi-domain teams to deliver capability to the Military Air customer.
As a member of the Business development team, you will quickly develop an understanding of our mission and values, our strategic ambitions and our capabilities to deliver.
Role responsibilities include:
- Management of the sales pipeline through accurate and realistic understanding of the likelihood of opportunities coming to market.
- Ensuring that data is accurately managed within the Babcock’s pipeline of opportunities and contribute to the forecasting of sales targets.
- Ensuring development of potential and existing opportunities by maintaining extensive action-based Capture Plans, leading them through the Babcock governance process up until Gate 2.
- Working with company subject matter experts to develop outline solutions that address the customer requirement and that can be utilised for the basis of customer engagement.
- Supporting the Head of Business Development in understanding the resourcing requirements for individual opportunities and developing a bid budget.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitor positions, identifying and developing value propositions
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need relevant experience in a sales / business development role in the UK Defence market or recent previous service with the UK Armed Forces in a management position and Degree level of education in an engineering or business discipline with evidence of continued professional development.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
- Leadership competence in a complex and dynamic environment with the capability to engage and motivate teams.
- Relevant experience gained from working within the UK Defence ‘market’ in Aircraft Operation and Support, Engineering or wider aviation management roles.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to flex style to engage and influence people from all backgrounds and at all levels
- Resilience and adaptability, able to roll with uncertainty in a complex, matrixed organisation
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 17/10/2021
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire – Bristol Area
Job date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 04:06:25 GMT
Apply for the job now