Job title: Chef Manager – Education – Nr Chippenham – £30-£35K
Company: Blue Arrow
Job description: Position: Chef Manager
Salary: £30K – £35K P/A
Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday, 52 Weeks Per Year (07:30 to 15:30)
I am currently recruiting for a talented Chef Manager f to join a very reputable contract catering company based in the UK. The Role will be based at a very prestigious School based near Chippenham, Wiltshire. The role is to provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met within the agreed objectives for the location.
Job Roles Requirements:
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the location, including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that it effectively meets the need of the location,
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- To monitor the work of the location team and carry out appraisals ensuring that information is filed appropriately, with development plans that are actively used.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required, company and client information.
- To assist the Operations Manager in preparing the annual budget; to achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget.
- To develop and evolve all client services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Passionate about great food with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be inspired to create innovative delicious homemade food. A real forward thinker, being aware of market trends.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy kitchen environment
- Have great leadership skills, leading by example.
- An event professional with previous experience within a similar role.
- Salary: Up to £35K
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Work in state-of-the-art environment
- Free car parking
- Free meals on duty
- Work life balance
The Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained for this role.
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.
Expected salary: £30000 – 35000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:42:13 GMT
Apply for the job now