Job title: Commodity Buyer
Company: Morson Group
Job description: Morson is delighted to be working in partnership with a leading aerospace organisation to recruit a Category Buyer. There is a rate of £33.90 Per Hour Umbrella on offer however a PAYE option is also available. The role is nased in Filton, Bristol. Please find the role description below:
My clients Procurement Organisation manages commercial agreements with all external suppliers. Equipment and Systems Procurement is responsible for procurement of complex, high value aircraft systems. This role is within the team responsible for Landing Gear Systems Procure-ment.
The job holder will be responsible for management of Wheels, Tyres & Brakes contracts with our suppliers and securing commercial agreements to achieve optimised position.
KEY FIGURES / DIMENSIONS
- Job holder has the responsibility for developing and maintaining the relationship with the suppliers.
- Management of high value contracts, including settlement of high value commercial proposals and negotiation of contract revisions.
- Reports into commodity manager for Wheels Tyres and Brakes. No line management responsibility however will be expected to manage projects within a multifunctional en-vironment and opportunities may arise to act as placement manager for early careers team members.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (within organisational area)
- Support robust, cross-functional, collaborative working relationships between Procurement, internal functions and supplier based teams. This will be achieved by se-curing the Multi-Functional Team requirements with suppliers.
- Responsibility for leading supplier commercial negotiations on contract development, supplier and claims and in-service retrofit actions.
- Contractual management, ensuring commercial integrity of agreements for new or ex-isting aircraft development programmes via negotiation and drafting of contract terms.
- Enforcement of contractual terms to ensure supplier programme developments are achieved on time and cost, incorporating applicable processes.
- Identify value creation opportunities and deliver cost reduction programmes on existing contracts and maximise purchasing leverage on new programmes.
- Input to commodity strategy decisions and management of Call for Tender process as applicable
- Ensure working practices are aligned to Procurement processes and proce-dures.
MAJOR END RESULTS
- Negotiation of contractual agreements / amendments.
- Ensure project commercial targets and budgets are aligned with internal stakeholders and met through negotiation and development of commercial leverage with the suppli-ers.
- Ensure delivery of optimum supply chain pricing and contractual terms.
- Satisfy customers and programme directorate requirements.
- Support multi-function team requirements.
- Contractual and commercial experience with associated technical knowledge.
- Ability to negotiate contractual documents and commercial agreements.
- Proven ability in team working and influencing skills.
- Experience of delivering projects and understanding of business risk.
- Multicultural and multifunctional working experience.
- Working knowledge of office IT systems
For immediate consideration, simply hit the ‘apply now’ button.
Expected salary: £62 – 33.9 per hour
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 22:34:41 GMT
Apply for the job now