Job title: Credit Controller
Job description: Job Description:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our Central Finance Team based in our Head Office in Chippenham. The Credit Controller will be reporting to the Credit Control Manager within the central credit control department.
The position is a key part of a team of six, who are responsible for the debt management of the UK and Ireland Divisions of Wincanton Holdings Limited.
How will you contribute?
- Responsible for your own portfolio of external commercial customers, working on a large ledger of SME Customers, high volume of calls and debt chasing.
- Daily allocation of receipts on your accounts.
- Maintaining customer files and credit limits
- Producing timely reports and debtor information
- Attending debt conference calls meeting with Operations and Site Management.
- Providing financial information in support of credit reviews using Internet-based credit reference agencies
- Monitoring queries for timely resolution
- Identifying problem situations, and escalating recovery action where appropriate
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- Provide cover for absence, including bank download and receipt identification.
How will you contribute?
- Ideally up to three years previous Credit Control experience within a commercial credit control environment.
- Experience in working in a large team in an open plan environment.
- Confident telephone manner with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel and/or other spreadsheets.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Wincanton is a leading supply chain partner for British business, providing supply chain solutions up and down the country. Through a wealth of experience and knowledge Wincanton provides business critical services including storage, handling and distribution; high volume eFulfilment; retailer ‘dark stores’; two-person home delivery; fleet and transport management; and network optimisation for many of the UK’s best-known companies.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 04:06:34 GMT
Apply for the job now