Job title: DAF HGV Technician (Nights)
Company: Motus Commercials
Job description: At Motus Commercials we are looking for a new HGV Technician to join our nightshift team at our brand new DAF Dealership in Avonmouth on a 4 day week with no need for working Weekends.
Also, if you have the ambition we will support and develop you to DAF Master Technician level and, if not, we will train you to the highest level you want to be.
You can also Text MOTUS AVO to 66777 to apply for a vacancy at our Avonmouth dealership.
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials DAF dealership is opening in Avonmouth and looking to recruit a new HGV technician to cover nightshift pattern. Our dealership is conveniently located in Bristol off the M49 and M5. Our Workshop operate 24 hours a day and our workforce have the advantage of working over a 4 day week.
Our new Motus Commercials Avonmouth DAF Dealership covers 5.5 acre site with 18 work bays and 7 drive through lanes. It has a brand new drive through ADR bay, dedicated PDI centre, dedicated diagnostic bays and drive through ATF lane.
The newly appointed HGV Technician at Motus Commercials DAF Dealership in Avonmouth will be required to join our night shift team to service and repair Customers commercial vehicles in a safe and economical manner.
You will need to be able to diagnose fault with the minimum supervision in a safe and proper way. Motus Commercials require our HGV Technicians to work efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard.
Duties will include the following: * To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e. DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 23:38:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!