Job title: Electrical Trainer
Job description: Electrical Trainer
Up to £29,193.00 per annum
The College’s Apprenticeship Team have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Trainer.
What the College can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 39 days per academic year, (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period, plus 6 annual ‘Subject Updating Days’ for Academic staff
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
The College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
Are you fully qualified in electrical installation? Do you have industry experience and current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques relevant to the building services engineering environment? Are you willing to share this knowledge and instil it into the future generation of electrical installers? If the answer is yes to any or all of the above, then our current job vacancy may be the one for you……
The College’s Apprenticeship Team have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Lecturer & Assessor to support with the delivery and assessment of our Level 3 Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician apprenticeship programmes at our Filton/Stroud Campuses.
Working closely with the Technical Apprenticeship Team, your roles and responsibilities will include supporting cohorts of learners to achieve their aim of becoming fully qualified electricians. You will be required to teach and assess the knowledge, skills and behaviours identified within the qualifications and apprenticeship scheme. In addition, you will be responsible for building relations with employers and undertaking on-site assessments, which in turn will further enhance the apprentices’ workplace learning experience, ensuring that apprentices are gaining the range of work to qualify.
This role will include teaching within the classroom and assessing on site.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver the work-based element of the apprenticeships, including on-site training and assessment
- Deliver the knowledge element of the apprenticeship. Normally college based but may be work based for certain client groups
- Liaise with staff delivering other elements of the apprenticeship, including learning support and functional skills, to ensure an effective holistic programme for the apprentice
- Conduct effective reviews with
Expected salary: £29193 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 22:36:57 GMT
Apply for the job now