Job title: Electronic Test Technician
Job description: Electronic test technicians required for long term, ongoing contract work within an engineering company based in Chippenham, who build, test and distribute high quality rail automation devices
- £13.50 per hour PAYE or £18.14 UMB
- 37.5 hours per week
- 0730 – 1530 Mon- Thurs / 0700 – 15.00 Fri
- Paid overtime available:
- Above 37 hours – x1.25
Sat am – x1.5
Sat pm – x1.75
Sun – x1.75 About the job
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering, utilising various types of electro-mechanical equipment
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
The right candidate
- A background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
- An experienced PCB technician, with excellent soldering skills
- Have experience fault finding PCBs to component level
- Be able to interpret engineering drawings / circuit diagrams and bills of materials (BOM)
- Have dexterity, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Be computer literate
To find out more, please apply online or call Pertemps Bristol and speak to Larry Stokes or Lucy Martin
Expected salary: £13.5 – 18.14 per hour
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 02:23:35 GMT
Apply for the job now