Job title: Graduate IT Specialist
Company: Acorn Recruitment
Job description: Are you a graduate with exceptional customer service skills looking for a role in IT?
Do you live within a commutable distance of Chippenham? If so we want to hear from you!
Working Monday to Friday
Salary £18-£23k with progression opportunities
1. To work with the IT support manager and the rest of the IT support team to deliver an efficient, customer-focused IT helpdesk service within agreed SLAs and meeting or exceeding relevant KPIs.
2. To respond to incoming requests for IT support by phone, e-mail or face-to-face within an agreed time-frame and in a polite and helpful manner.
3. To accurately log tickets using the IT helpdesk ticketing system.
4. To maintain ticket queues using prioritisation and time-management in order to ensure tickets are dealt in an efficient and timely manner.
5. To identify and diagnose software and hardware problems with desktops, laptops and network hardware.
6. To assess whether common problems can be fixed by the support technician at the point of contact or within a reasonable time-frame, or whether they need to be escalated.
7. To provide assistance to staff at regional offices via telephone support and using remote control tools.
8. To investigate and research complex issues using internal or web-based information resources.
9. To assess and escalate complex issues to the 2nd line support technicians or external parties if required, ensuring complete and accurate information is gathered and recorded in the ticketing system.
10. To pro-actively undertake common systems administration tasks on Windows desktops and laptops to ensure performance is maintained.
11. To accurately add and update user and computer information in Active Directory, including the administration of accounts for new starters and leavers.
12. To manage access to files and folder for users, granting or refusing access in accordance with IT security policy and with appropriate authorisation from folder managers
13. To provide advice and guidance on the use of IT systems staff at all levels.
14. To create and update technical and user documentation as required, including ‘how-to’ guides for common IT tasks.
16. To install and configure non-standard software as authorised by the IT support manager or head of IT.
18. To carry out basic installation and maintenance tasks on fixed line and mobile telecommunications systems.
19. To build and configure mobile devices for staff.
20. To install and configure the specific Windows build on all new and existing laptops and desktops.
21. To create and update asset records to keep track of laptop, desktops, mobile devices, SIM cards and other hardware items.
22. To assist 2nd line support technicians and the IT support manager with specific areas of IT security including backups, patching and anti-virus.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:24:37 GMT
Apply for the job now