Job title: Head Chef – Golf Club Resort – Chippenham – Up to 38K+
Company: Blue Arrow
Job description: Position: Head chef
Salary: £35,000 – £38,000 P/A + Service Charge
Establishment: Golf Club Luxury Hotel
Location: Nr Chippenham
Hours: 5/7 Days – Closed Monday, Tuesday
A Head Chef is required for a highly acclaimed Golf Club Resort, overseeing the food production of its terrace for al fresco dining and afternoon teas & club house & Bar.
You will be responsible for overseeing the food and kitchen operations for the Golf Club and will lead and inspire the kitchen and service teams with a culture that delivers an amazing guest experience.
Menu development will be an important part of this role with a thorough understanding and passion for food, flavours and using local ingredients. A key eye for local and current food trends will be integral to this role.
The kitchen is vast with every bit of equipment available to create the most technical dishes. There is a large brigade of and covers are up to 80. Their al fresco dining restaurant serves a less intricate menu where the dishes are created using the best of local suppliers to produce a bistro style menu.
This unique opportunity will suit an ambitious head Chef, with a passion for discerning flavours, who stays abreast of trends in fine dining and who can bring new thinking and modern elements to the team, all whilst upholding the hotels reputation for excellence.
These types of roles don’t come around too often and so if you have the skill, the knowledge and the passion then please get in touch as I know my client would love to hear from you.
Duties as Head Chef include –
- Managing a large brigade
- Creating and executing intricate dishes
- Training and motivating your team
- Adhering to health and hygiene and health and safety regulations
- Cooking to the level of at least AA Rosettes
- Having the mindset and focus to achieve further recognition
- Work closely with the Golf Club Manager, marketing and events teams for the effective food operation throughout service and for all events at the club
- Have a sound working understanding of all costs and charges relating to food operations and ensuring food cost of sales and GP margins are maintained at budgeted levels
- Ensure the kitchens are compliant with Health & Safety regulations and to manage and uphold regular cleaning and kitchen maintenance schedules
- Control the operational excellence of a busy and demanding kitchen, ensuring the Standard Operating Procedures for the kitchens are fully understood and always followed.
- Control wage percentages in line with budget
- Oversee all ordering, stock controls and standards of procedures
- Participate fully as a team member within the F&B Department
The Ideal Candidate
- A true passion for food!
- Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Commitment and mobility
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
What’s in it for you…
- Salary: £35,000 – £38,000 P/A + Service Charge:
- Work life balance
- Established team
- Room to develop and bring your ideas
- Discount room rates across the hotel group
- Discount on Food & Beverage
- Discount Highstreet shopping scheme
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650
Expected salary: £35000 – 38000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:49:37 GMT
Apply for the job now