Job title: HR Assistant FTC
Job description: Job Description:
We are currently seeking HR Assistants to join our team in Chippenham on a fixed term basis for 6-8 weeks. Our HR Assistants are part of a team providing high quality transactional processing and query resolution for our colleagues and managers for all life cycle activities and queries.
The successful candidates must have the ability to work from our Chippenham Head Office location with the flexibility of some remote working.
Shift pattern: Monday-Friday – Early shift: 8am-4pm. Middle Shift: 10am-6pm. Late Shift: 12pm-8pm.
How will you contribute?
- Provide advice, guidance and on basic HR queries, policies, procedures and systems to both managers and colleagues to deliver a great employee experience, helping to promote Wincanton as a destination employer.
- Update and maintain the HRIS to ensure that colleagues data is up to date and accurate.
- Respond to requests and carry out transactions to deliver the full employee life cycle including onboarding new starters, sending out contracts, producing employee change letters and supporting the leaver process.
- Act as a member of the colleague helpdesk team, take calls and resolve people, process and system type queries.
- Respond to queries regarding employee benefits and ensure benefits are set up correctly working with payroll and 3rd parties.
- Work with the payroll and systems and solutions team to resolve colleague’s queries that need support from the rest of the team.
- Manage and priorities personal workload to agreed SLAs and KPI’s.
- Provide efficient and accurate administration of Employee Life Cycle activities for our current colleagues and leavers.
- Carry out right to work checks to ensure legal compliance.
- Responsible for the full end to end referencing process.
- Rapidly escalate transactions and issues that need further input or resolution.
- Identify where processes need to be streamlined or changed.
- Update processes, knowledge base articles and standard operating procedures where required.
- Make sure that information and data is accurate and legal compliance is always maintained
- Resolve problems or shortfalls in service delivery quickly.
- Provide generalist HR administration support as required.
What will you bring?
- Experience of working at a similar level within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent IT skills and comfortable with working with multiple systems.
- Sound data interrogation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to plan, priorities and meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail; ensures precision and accuracy in tasks undertaken.
- Able to liaise effectively with peers to organize and share work priorities.
- A common sense and pragmatic approach.
- Has the desire to provide our colleagues with a great customer experience.
- A great team worker who will perform in line with our values.
- Ability to follow process, procedure but be able to make decisions to resolve issues whilst staying within legislation.
- Flexible and be able react to the business demands.
- Previous experience of HRIS preferred.
- Previous HR experience preferred.
- Customer Service Skills preferred
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Wincanton is a leading supply chain partner for British business, providing supply chain solutions up and down the country. Through a wealth of experience and knowledge Wincanton provides business critical services including storage, handling and distribution; high volume eFulfilment; retailer ‘dark stores’; two-person home delivery; fleet and transport management; and network optimisation for many of the UK’s best-known companies.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 02:08:51 GMT
Apply for the job now