Job title: HSE Manager – Energy from Waste Power Station
Company: Astute Technical
Job description: Health, Safety & Environmental Manager – Energy from Waste Power Station
£49,000 – £58,000 (depending on experience) + up to 10% Bonus + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join a relatively new Energy from Waste Power Station in Avonmouth, Bristol. You will play a lead role in providing safety and environmental awareness across the Power Station ensuring that the plant is kept to an excellent level of consistency and complies with safety systems and safe systems of work.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Auditing and ensuring compliance with licenses, environmental permits and specific working plans.
- Reviewing all monitoring data collected and provide guidance and corrective actions on problems identified and preparing monitoring reports and submissions to both external and internal bodies in compliance with permits etc.
- Liaising closely with the SHEQ team to ensure best practice and ensuring timely reporting of incidents and accidents in line with the company regulations.
- You will chair regular safety meetings to discuss issues both ways and act to resolve outstanding/ ascending items at the EFW plant
- Responsible for managing appropriate actions to prevent environmental breaches or other environmental incidents.
- Ensuring top quality of the management systems and environmental monitoring are maintained at optimum levels.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be considered for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager vacancy, candidates should have:
- A Degree or HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science or similar.
- A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- A strong background in health and safety gained in a heavy process environment such as power station, chemical plant, refinery or waste/waste management facility
- Good Knowledge of permitting, licensing and environmental regulations.
- Thorough understanding of waste / EFW industry
Salary & Benefits
The package on offer for the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager role includes:
- Competitive starting salary of up to c.£58,000 (depending on experience)
- Up to 10% performance related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV along with a covering letter to or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government’s Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Expected salary: £49000 – 58000 per year
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 23:16:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!