Job title: IMS Product Owner – Senior Software Engineer
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: As an Information Management Service (IMS) Product Owner to be responsible for the continued development of an IMS as part of the EvO programme.
- Ownership of the Information Management Service as a product to be delivered into the EvO programme
- Management of the product backlog and prioritisation of work according to the programme plan
- Translation of SysML/UML Product Design into Features for development by the two IMS Software Teams
- Preparation and Participation in PI & Sprint Planning
- Planning and Execution of the Agile Iterations
- Apply Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Assist in the creation, development and acceptance of development stories
- Understand and assist with the development of enabler work
- Participate in the team demos and retrospective.
- Ensure continuous release of quality software, ensuring dependencies are understood between stakeholders.
- Assist with the definition of improvement stories during the inspect and adapt workshops.
- Assist with continuous improvement practises in the department
You will have a strong background in Software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems. E.g. IBM Rational Team Concert, Git, SVN. Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies and ideally experience in Developing software in Java for a RESTful OData series of servlets built on Spring, JPA and Hibernate.
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for occasional travel to our site; or based within our offices in South Wales or Chippenham depending upon your preference.
General Dynamics Mission Systems utilises QDOS IR35 Status Review. The requirements of this contract have been evaluated as Outside IR35 – Prior to the engagement start you will need to complete a status questionnaire in order to receive the finalised status determination.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire – Wales
Job date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 06:33:05 GMT
Apply for the job now