Job title: IPC Health Care Professional – Chippenham
Job description: INFECTION, PREVENTION & CONTROL HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL – PART-TIME – CHIPPENHAM
We have an exciting opportunity for an an Infection, Prevention & Control Health Care Professional to join our expanding Clinical team on a part-time basis (3 days a week).
Medvivo is a person-centred organisation, delivering high quality services to people in Wiltshire, Swindon and Bath & North East Somerset. We provide integrated health and care services ranging from GP out of hours services, a single point of access, crisis response services and a wide range of technology enabled care solutions. We retained an outstanding CQC accreditation in Feb 2019 as an Integrated Urgent Care service.
About the role:
You should have extensive post registration working experience in prevention and control of infection, including experience at Band 6 Nurse level or equivalent.
You will be able to provide expert and specialist infection prevention and control advice, support and training to ensure a safe environment for patients, service users, staff and visitors in line with national infection control frameworks and guidance. This guidance is subject to frequent review and the post-holder should take responsibility for keeping abreast of any changes and how they impact and apply to care settings and health care staff.
This role will ensure you are using your clinical knowledge and experience to support the CCG and Local Authorities through the application of quality improvement processes and by addressing infection prevention & control concerns. These may be of a broader content, e.g. safeguarding or general quality and safety issues as we matrix-work to ensure all contacts contribute to our overall intelligence and surveillance.
You will be able to make decisions, work well within a team in a fast paced environment and the ability to work independently is essential. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a sound track record in clinical practice, be able to work flexibly and the ability to motivate others to drive forward clinical excellence in respect to quality standards and infection prevention and control.
As a registered health care professional with IPC experience, you may already be working as a Nurse/Advanced Clinical Practitioner/Pharmacist/Allied Health care professional.
You will relish the challenge of working in a busy environment where no two days are the same.
Skills and experience:
- To contribute fully as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- To provide expert leadership of infection prevention & control.
- Be able to oversee the governance of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee.
- To provide expert leadership of clinicians, being accountable for delivery of this skill by ensuring that risk issues are addressed, and policies and procedures are formulated in line with changing legislation to support practice.
- To ensure Medvivo is fully compliant with IP&C requirements, particularly in relation to COVID and ensuring the safety of staff and patients.
- To be aware of responsibilities under GDPR.
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be able to communicate in an effective way by tailoring approach to specific audiences both inside and outside of organisation.
- Ensure effective communication takes place within and across teams using face to face, electronic and written communication.
- To effectively deal with matters of professional nursing and GP competence including dealing with lack of competence in antagonistic and highly emotive atmospheres, requiring the highest level of interpersonal and communication skills and intense concentration.
What we offer:
Competitive salary – £24.76 – £30.94 per hour.
Discretionary staff bonus scheme
Generous holiday entitlement of up to 38 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays (FTE)
Company Pension Scheme
Simply Health cash plan membership
For a full job description or for further information please call our recruitment team on 0800 6444 200 or email
Closing date: Sunday 29th August 2021 (we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we have a high volume of applicants).
Expected salary: £24.76 – 30.94 per hour
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 22:51:23 GMT
Apply for the job now