Job title: IT Services Support Team Leader
Job description: IT Services Support Team Leader
Up to £24,726 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
The College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Services Support Team Leader at our Filton Campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- 1st and 2nd line support
- Onsite responsibility for the day to day running of IT at an assigned campus and to encompass line management of the IT Support staff at that campus
- To undertake the deployment of hardware and software throughout the College
- Technical repairs as appropriate
- To enable the effective operation of the IT Helpdesk system, ensuring problems and requests are dealt with in a timely manner, and in line with the IT Services Level Agreement
- To update the College’s IT hardware register, ensuring all equipment is accounted for and records are kept up to date
- A requirement to support technologies encompassing but not limited to desktops, laptops, tablets, print devices
- To work cross site to help enhance best practice and team working
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified to at least NVQ level 3 in a relevant field or relevant industrial experience
- 1st / 2nd Line Support Experience
- Proficient in the use, installation, maintenance and repair of general purpose IT hardware
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop products
Why choose the College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Expected Interview Date: Wednesday 6th October 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
The college welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Expected salary: £24726 per year
Location: Filton, Gloucestershire
Job date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 22:28:59 GMT
Apply for the job now