Job title: Machinist
Job description: Machinist – Full Time – Avonmouth, United Kingdom
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our RES UK Avonmouth Service Centre, as a Manual Machinist to help take our Service Centre to the next level.
The Service Centre works across multiple industry sectors and repairs a large array of different equipment and components. No 2 days are ever the same and this role will provide a large amount of variation and allow you to challenge yourself on a daily basis.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Operation of manual machine tools
- Carrying out machining operations on components during the repair process and also manufacture of new components as required
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Apprentice trained/time served machining qualification
- Experience of working within a heavy engineering/machining background and experience of using large manual machine tools
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form
- We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Regular overtime during weekdays and weekends
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
Location: We are based in Avonmouth which is just under 10 miles from Bristol City Centre and with very good road links to M49, M5 & M4. Bristol has centuries old heritage to view and visit, there are fantastic options to feast on food and drink in Bristol that covers sumptuous street food, excellent choice of restaurants and everything in between. Shopping in Bristol is top-class, from retail giants to quirky independents.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2020, our 15’000 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.3 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
Rotating Equipment Services
Through a network of over 100 service sites around the world, Sulzer provides cutting-edge parts as well as maintenance and repair solutions for pumps, turbines, compressors, motors and generators. We service our own original equipment, but also all associated third-party rotating equipment run by our customers, maximizing its sustainability and life cycle cost-effectiveness. Our technology-based solutions, fast execution and expertise in complex maintenance projects are available at our customers’ doorsteps. www.sulzer.com
Explore other opportunities here:
Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 00:42:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!