Job title: Mail Sorter – Yate
Company: Gi Group
Job description: 2021-10-12
Are you looking for a new opportunity!? Christmas is slowly approaching and we need some new helpers!
Gi Group/Royal Mail is now recruiting for Mail/Parcel Processors in Yate. If you are punctual, hardworking, reliable and have a flexible approach, you are exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
Shifts and pay available:
Monday – Saturday:
0600-1400 – £11.40
1400-2100 – £11.40
2200-0600 – £13.70
0600-1400 – £13.70
1400-1900 or 2200 – £13.70
2200-0600 – £17.50
Bank Holiday: £17.35
(These rates will start at the latest of 25th October 2021)
Full time and part time available
Information about the role:-
Processing of mail takes place in the Regional Distribution Centres (RDC). Within the RDC operations include cross docking – which can be road to rail as well as road to road, mail consolidation, parcel processing, mail processing and the processing order returns. RDCs are 24 hour-7 day a week operation. The role involves working as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines
- Cross docking involves the unloading of wheeled containers from incoming vehicles, moving them to the correct despatch lane and then loading them to outgoing transport.
- Mail consolidation is the moving of mail from one container to another more appropriate for the conveyance of the work.
- Parcel processing requires scanning and identification of parcel destination by either code number or postcode and placing mail into the correct wheeled container for despatch. This can be done manually or via an automated conveyor system with parcels picked from a moving belt. Once containers are full, they will be pushed to the correct despatch area and loaded onto vehicles.
- Bulk mail is received from customers in a variety of containers and can be in mail bags, trays or bundled and is sorted by code number to an appropriate container for despatch. These containers will then be moved to the despatch lanes and loaded onto trucks.
- Returns are posted by receiving customers for sorting back to the posting customer. These have to be sorted to the correct posting customer and scanned before being loaded onto vehicles for delivery.
- The operations take place in a loud, busy factory-style environment where you will be standing for long periods of time, lifting items up to 11KG in weight and pushing wheeled containers weighing up to 250kg.
Does this appeal to you? Do you have the drive and dedication we need, and do you want to work for a company that has stood the test of time? If so, this position may be for you. Royal Mail has been around for 350 years and delivers to every address in the UK.
If you are interested please contact Chris at Gi Group for a registration on 0117 456 9777 or 07468475963, once you are registered and we have the correct documentation there’ll be an immediate start.
Call or message now to secure your place!!!
KH211012203623 – Bristol
Yate – Gloucestershire
£11.40 – £17.35 per annum + Flexible working hours
Flexible working hours
Location: Yate, Gloucestershire
Job date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 04:43:23 GMT
Apply for the job now