Job title: Maintenance Technician
Company: Acorn Recruitment
Job description: Maintenance Technician – Thornbury – Temporary to Permanent
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician in Thornbury for a leading Optical Lens manufacturer.
The hours of work will be a continental shift pattern which consists of days 7am to 7pm and nights 7pm to 7am.
The pay rate for the Maintenance Technician is transparent as the shift allowance is wrapped into your basic pay.
Monday to Friday up to 42 hours is paid at £15.10 and over 42 hours is paid at £18.87 an hour.
Saturdays £22.65 an hour and Sundays £30.20 an hour.
The overall purpose of the role:
- To ensure that all production machinery runs effectively by carrying out proactive maintenance procedures.
- To ensure that good lines of communication are maintained between Production and Maintenance Departments.
- To ensure that, if a breakdown occurs, a quick and effective response is achieved to minimise downtime and costs to Production.
- To support site services by carrying out routine maintenance activities for site building and fixtures.
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain machines to ensure good quality and achievement of production volumes by relevant departments
- To input job information onto the maintenance management systems on the computer this is a function that is carried out on a daily basis
- To carry out planned maintenance or portable appliance testing as directed by the maintenance Manager
- To install and commission new machinery, assist in the development of new shop floor layouts
- To assist in project work to help improve the production environment, as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- To ensure safe working practices and safety requirements are adhered to at all times
- To ensure a clean working environment
- To ensure the upkeep of the fabric of the factory, building and its facilities
- Working within the health and safety and environmental guidelines.
Essential qualifications or experience required:
- BTEC (or equivalent) qualification in mechanics, electrics or electronics
- A good level of multi-skilled experience in mechanics, electrics or electronics
- Excellent fault finding skills
Maintenance Technician – Thornbury – Temporary to Permanent
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Expected salary: £15.1 – 30.2 per hour
Location: Thornbury, Gloucestershire
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:59:35 GMT
Apply for the job