Job title: Management Accountant
Company: Page Personnel
Job description: This is a permanent Management Accountant role paying between £35,000 and £38,000. You will working with the Group Financial Controller with responsibility for the day to day running of the finance team.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for;
- Set up new customer accounts onto Sage/Netsuite as appropriate,
- Raise sales invoices onto customer accounts and enter receipts on to Sage/Netsuite.
- Ensure there is a regular review of debtors and that appropriate action is taken to recover outstanding money.
- Reconcile the control account to the ledger and submit the period end Sales Ledger report
- Completing new supplier account forms and setting new suppliers up on Sage/Netsuite including checking validity of new supplier
- Matching purchase invoices to delivery documentation, coding and entering high volume of purchase invoices on to Sage/Netsuite for Stock, overheads and lease agreements
- Assisting with payment runs and ensuring payments are made to suppliers in accordance with agreed credit terms
- Entering DD payments for suppliers
- Reconciling CENPAC suppliers, chasing up missing documentation
- Chasing up missing documentation and reconciling supplier accounts on Sage/Netsuite to supplier statements
- Be aware of and keep upto date with changes in VAT legislation
- Import the bank transactions daily and reconcile the transactions, prior to implementation of the new system the daily sales should be reconciled to the cash reports weekly and any discrepancies investigated and rectified
- Assisting with chargeback claims
- Reconcile and submit bank reconciliations at month-end
- Reconcile the cash in transit at period end and forward sales balances, submitting detailed support for period end reporting
- Update the cashflow forecast daily with actuals
- Ensure Petty Cash balances are maintained, analysed and reconciled to Sage/Netsuite.
- Preparation of monthend journals including importing sales, cost of sales and stock losses from external systems
- Calculation of prepayments and accruals
- Assisting with quarterly VAT Returns, monthly National Statistic Submissions, RHI submissions and annual audit preparation
- Assisting with cashflow forecasting and monthly management accounts preparation
- Implement control procedures where necessary
- Produce sales monitoring reports to the management team and external parties
- Calculating the cost of imported stock items, ensuring estimated values are updated with actuals
Permanent role based near Chippenham, £35,000 – £38,000|Fully office based, study support available
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role and will QBE or studying towards a professional accountancy qualification
Our client is an SME based in Wiltshire. The office is commutable from Chippenham and Devizes. Please be aware that this role is office based and does not offer hybrid working.
A salary of between £35,000 and £38,000 is on offer to the successful Management Accountant as well as study support if required
Expected salary: £35000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:02:01 GMT
Apply for the job now