Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Company: Acorn Recruitment
Job description: An exciting and rare opportunity to work for a market leading organisation has arisen in the Chippenham area for a Mechanical Engineer.
Working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm on a perm basis.
Job purpose: To maintain fleet of equipment to a high standard.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Work in workshop and on site to a maintenance schedule set by the Service Manager.
- Service & repair of Primary equipment of Diesel generators and Tower Lights.
- Flexibility to work on site and stay away occasionally from home is essential.
- Safe loading and unloading of plant on trucks.
- To work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
- Use of appropriate company vehicles and equipment.
- Attend training as required to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Maintain company confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Contribute ideas into the continuous improvement of systems, policies and procedures.
- Uphold the core company values and comply with all stipulations held within company contracts, handbook, policies and procedures.
- Co-operate with the company in all Health & Safety related matters to ensure personal safety and safety of all others.
- Completed apprenticeship or recognised electrical/ mechanical qualification.
Knowledge / skills / ability:
- Full driving licence
- Numerate and Literate
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work as an individual
- Good communicator internally and externally
- Able to use initiative
- Smart appearance
- Committed to Health & Safety Policy
- Forklift Licence
- Honest and trustworthy
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Expected salary: £28000 per year
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 23:11:48 GMT
Apply for the job now